The French and American programs combined in bilingual and bicultural pathways leading to the Baccalaureate and the high school diploma.
Distribution % Between U.S. High School and OFAlycée
- OFAlycée %
- U.S. High School %
Subjects (*Economics is a specialization)
The Virtual Class: Its Advantages
The flexibility of the schedule. Students organize their work according to their American high school course and extra-curricular activities.
Development of a greater capacity of concentration thanks to an innovative pedagogy: courses of adapted length and stimulating interactive contents.
Courses are accessible everywhere. All courses incorporate interactive assignments that facilitate comprehension, memorization, acquisition of competencies and methods.
Each student develops a self-discipline with regard to the organization of his work and his time.
Easy interaction with teachers thanks to the regular weekly interactions and in small groups.
An individual framework of excellence.
External candidates take the Baccalaureate over two periods of exams:
- At the end of 11th grade (2 written exams and 1 oral exam)
- At the end of 12th grade (7 written exams and 1 oral exam) + PE examination**: the student selects one of the 2 combinations offered below:
- Gymnastic- Table Tennis
- 3 x 500 meters – Badminton
- 3 x 500 meters – Table Tennis
- Gymnastic – Badminton
Description of the new BAC. Individual Candidates -- % Weight.
11th grade – Exams in June
12th grade – Exams in May-June
- 11th Grade French Literature - 4h written exam, 20min oral exam: 10%
- 11th Grade 1 specialization (Results integrated in the general examinations at the end of 12th grade*): 6.6%
- 12th Grade Philosophy - 4h written exam: 8%
- 12th Grade Grand Oral - 20min: 10%
- 12th Grade 2nd Specialization (example Math, 4h): 16%
- 12th Grade 3rd Specialization (example, Langues, Littératures et cultures étrangères et régionales)- 4h20 (written and oral exams): 16%
- 12th Grade General examinations*: LVA (2h written and 10min oral) + LVB(2h written and 10min oral) + HG(2h written) + PE**. Scientific instruction(2h). All subjects carry the same weight: 33.3%
From 6th to 10th grade, students take only French and Mathematics classes. These 2 subjects are the pillars of academic success.
In 9th grade, we offer the preparation for the Diplôme National du Brevet:
The teaching method of French OFALycée-French is based on an extensive knowledge of the programs of the Ministry of National Education and on the fundamental imperative related to the situation of our students: the time factor.
The French approach to Mathematics enriches the student’s path by providing different methods and content. Thus critical thinking, analysis and creativity are reinforced.
In 11th and 12th grades, the curriculum is extended to other subjects for the preparation of the French Baccalaureate. The specializations we offer are as follows:
Specializations: Supplemental Courses
Specialization: Complete Course
The proposed schedules are for weekly office hours. In addition to the flexible online course schedules, students must meet with teachers each week. These office hours are crucial for the success of the student. The meetings allow them to review the past week and to prepare the following one. Several time slots are available and students can choose the ones that best fit their schedule.